Monday, April 29, 2013

Change default path for Lego Mindstorms NXT

Every time I open the Mindstorms software the default path points to the home folder of a user that doesn't even exist on my laptop (I assume this is because I installed the software a while back when this user existed but in the meantime I deleted it) so each time I want to save a new program I have to browse to the real path. I looked around and found these directions about how to change it: all I had to do is edit the 'settings.ini' file in "C:\documents and settings\%username%\My Documents\Lego Creations\Mindstorms Projects\Profiles\Default\" and change the "Data Directory=" to the path where I want the files to be saved. Simple but very useful, especially if you are on a network as it is the case in the page I referred to.

No comments:

Post a Comment